2. 現代科學技術的發展使我們的社會發生了巨大變化。(bring about)
8. 良好的健康取決于好的食物、運動和充足的睡眠。(depend on)
9. 那個學期他閱讀的不是一本英語小說而是五本英語小說。(not… but)
17. 電子郵件同電話一樣，在日常交流中起著重要作用。(as well as)
1.Our monitor is regarded as the best student in our class.
2.The development of modern science and technology has brought about great changes to our society.
3.You can’t learn English well without practicing speaking English.
4.Everyone should know how to obey the traffic rules, and thus many traffic accidents can be avoided.
5.I have come to realize that one can’t learn a foreign language well unless he works hard.
6.You should concentrate on your lessons in class, otherwise you can’t understand what the teacher has said.
7.He broke his neighbour’s windows again, which made his parents very angry.
8.Good health depends on good food, exercise and enough sleep.
9.Within that term he read not one English novel but five.
10.Whether he had been admitted to that university or not worried his parents.
11.It won’t be long before we visit that museum.
12. In spite of many difficulties, we’ll still carry out our plan through to the end.
13. On hearing the news that 2008 Olympic Games would be held in China, I jumped up because of joy.
14. The government provided medicine and food supplies for the people in the area affected by flood.
15. It is reported that one-third of the cities in the country are short of water supply.
16. The trade talks between the two companies broken down so that their managers had to look for another trade partner.
17. E-mail, as well as telephones, is playing an important part in daily communication.
18. The reason that the students explained to the teacher for Mary’s absence was that she was down with flu.
19. If you hadn’t stayed late last night, you wouldn’t be so sleepy now.
20. Action should be taken to prevent hackers from breaking into our computer system.